THE ONLY AIR BARRIER WITH MEASURED RESULTS!
AeroBarrier is a cutting edge envelope sealing system that simultaneously measures and seals building envelope air leaks.
- Meet the most aggressive air leakage standards
- Meet passive house air tightness standards
- Achieve air tightness requirements in less time and without costly delays
- Eliminate noise and odour concerns by simultaneously sealing exterior and interior walls
- Comply with ASTM E2357, ASTM E2178, and NFPA 285
Reduced envelope leakage means reduced mechanical loads, improved energy efficiency, and renewable energy feasability.
Is the sealant safe to use inside the home?
Yes, the AeroBarrier system uses a specially formulated sealant made by a major commercial sealant manufacturer and it is GreenGuard Gold Certified. This means it meets the strict requirements for ultra low VOC and no off gassing.
How much will this tighten the house?
AeroBarrier will meet your air tightness requirement as low as 0.5 ACH50. The AeroBarrier technology provides real-time air tightness readings and allows the process to be stopped at any time once the required tightness has been reached.
How long after the sealing process can you work in the house?
AeroBarrier is completed in less than one day and work can typically resume in the space as soon as 1 hour after sealing. This can vary depending on weather conditions and access to fresh air.
Can the sealing be performed in cold weather?
The AeroBarrier process requires temperature control and pressurization of the area to be sealed. The ideal temperature for application is 5C, therefore the best stage to apply the sealant in the winter is after the insulation has been installed.
AeroBarrier is a single-component, hight performance synthetic, permeable, aerosol-applied sealant that performs as an air barrier around ceilings, walls, floors, doors, windows, and electrical and plumbing fixtures. It is a UV-Stable, seamless, monolithic, and can be applied over a wide range of temperatures. AeroBarrier offers a 10-year product warranty and certified results.
- Process can start as soon as building can be pressurized
- Seals gaps from widths of 1/500″ up to 1/2″
- Service temperature: intermittent exposure up to 115.5C
- Tack free time <60 min.
- GreeGuard certified
- Low VOC content: meets LEED requirements
- Color: white – can be painted over