ROCKWOOL SAFE‘n’SOUND® is a stone wool insulation product for use in interior wall partitions, floors, and ceilings of residential wood and steel stud construction. It is especially useful when superior fire resistance and acoustical performance are required.
This non-combustible, lightweight product has excellent acoustical dampening properties and is dimensionally stable which makes it ideal for friction fit in wall, ceiling and floor applications. The product is chemically inert; therefore it will not promote corrosion.
- Easily cut
- Non-combustible with a melting point of approximately 1177°C (2150°F)
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Fire-resistant due to its high melting temperature
- Does not rot or promote the growth of fungi or mildew
- Low moisture sorption
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value